Testing & Data Services
Testing & Data Services (formerly "Test Scoring") provides optical mark reader processing of forms (Opscans) used by Virginia Tech faculty and staff for test scoring and other data collection. Standard forms in various formats are provided free of charge and results are delivered via Scholar.
Exams - Spring 2013
TDS will have extended operating hours during Spring 2013 exams beginning Friday, May 10th through Wednesday, May 15.
Due to the large volume of requests Testing & Data Services receives in the two weeks preceding final exams any exams, tests, or attendance opscans accumulated throughout the semester should submitted to TDS before Friday, April 26th. Test scoring and attendance requests from earlier in the semester received after April 26th may not be scanned until after final exams.
All Test Scoring Requests must be submittd to Testing and Data Services by 5pm Wednesday, May 15th for procesing. Any opsans submitted after 5pm May 15th will not be processed until Monday, May 20th.
Please be aware:
- Coversheets should be completed with all required fields. Any opscans submitted with incomplete coversheets will not be processed until the user has completed the coversheet. If you are unsure about the required fields these are denoted by an asterisk* on the coversheet and there is a diagram above the Testing and Data Services dropbox for comparison. Complete coversheets also include your 4-digit campus mailcode. There is a mailcode chart by department attached to the TDS dropbox.
- Testing and Data Services makes every effort to process submitted requests within 24hours. Please do not contact TDS to check the status of your exam until that time has elapsed. These inquires add to test processing times.
- All corrections/rescore requests for processed files should be requested by replying to the original email from TDS notifying you that your results were available in Scholar. This email contains the file name that TDS needs to process the rescore requests. If you have more than 9 corrections please let us know and we will send you an excel form to fill out.
- Oscans can be dropped off anytime the InnovationSpace is open. Please visit their website for exam week hours of operation.
- Testing & Data Services is now located in 1140 Torgersen Hall. The old location is not an acceptable location to dropoff exams.
- Testing and Data Services recommends that all exams be hand delivered to Torgersen Hall for processing in order to comply with final grade deadlines.
To expedite your Test Scoring Request:
- Remind Students to use a #2 pencil.
- Remind students to bubble in their complete numeric 9-digit PID beginning with "9".
- Remind students there is only one possible correct response per question. If more that one response is selected that question will be counted as omitted and negatively affect the students' score.
- Submit complete and legible coversheets.